Life by Grace

JOIN ME IN MY JOURNEY PERMEATED BY THE GRACE OF GOD. "But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace toward me was not in vain. On the contrary, I worked harder than any of them, though it was not I, but the grace of God that is with me." I Corinthians 15:10

Monday, April 24, 2006

Off to save China

Our team's plans for going to China this summer are coming along just fine. I leave from Chicago July 5th and return August 3rd. I am glad I will be in America for the 4th of July. Last summer we left on the 3rd and got their on the 5th, but we didn't ever have the 4th of July because of the time change. It was so weird. As we can always expect, God has been faithful and the money is coming in in His time. Here is an email that Denny Vauthers recently sent to our team. (Denny is the GA in the missions office at Northland in charge of organizing much of our trip.)

"Mr. Cushman and I were just discussing our money situation this morning. We have been praying for the full amount to be here already, but we noted that God has provided everything we have needed up to this point. We had enough money to buy the international tickets when it was time for that. We have enough to buy domestic flights (which we have now done for almost everyone) and we also have enough to proceed applying for visa’s.
We don’t have the full amount necessary for the trip. However, God has provided and shown himself faithful up to this point!
Please continue to praise/pray for continued provision. We still have a couple flights to purchase and then there living expenses while in China."

That email was such an encouragement to me. I know God has been stretching my faith as I need to just rest in God's sovereignty in providing our needs when they are needed. I have gotten frustrated at times when I haven't seen much money come in from people I have sent prayer letters to. But God has brought me back to the fact that He will provide when we need it. His timing is always perfect.

I am getting excited about the trip though. I have been busy with a lot of other things and haven't really thought about it too much yet. But as it gets closer and I have less things to do that don't pertain to China, it starts becoming reality to me. I have friends that I made there last summer who are all excited about me coming back. God has clearly been preparing my heart for how He wants to use me there. Please do keep me in your prayers as you think about it. We leave in 2 months and a week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home