Life by Grace

JOIN ME IN MY JOURNEY PERMEATED BY THE GRACE OF GOD. "But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace toward me was not in vain. On the contrary, I worked harder than any of them, though it was not I, but the grace of God that is with me." I Corinthians 15:10

Friday, September 08, 2006

"Look! Your hair's RED!!!"


While looking through coupons in the newspaper on Monday night, my mom found a coupon for haircolor. Since she knows that I find great joy in coloring mine and other people's hair, she asked me if I was interested in having the coupon. We were at a new friend's house at the time, and she was interested in coloring her hair too. So Tuesday night, Cherith, Elli, and I had a hair coloring party. The latest color I have tried in the last year or so has been dark brownish red. The colors I have done in the past have started to fade over a few weeks, but they still look good. I am constantly trying to find a red that's brillance will last longer. Well, let me tell you that I found it. I didn't expect it to be as red as it is in direct bright lights, but the dark red in normal light actually is very nice. I have been collecting different comments that people have made about my hair.

This is from Special Olympics Rollerskating on Thursday. Alan was goofing off and trying to kiss me when we were coming together for this pic. He is always goofing off with his mom, so he tries to do it with me when we are not in class and he is in a goofy mood.

Alan had the first distinct comment on Wednesday morning when he came into class. He looked at me and said
"Look at your hair!"
I said, "What about my hair?"
He replied, "It's beautiful. It's red!" Then he wanted to touch it and said, "It's soft."

"It's funny! You look like a clown." (while laughing)
- Alex (from my special ed class)

"I don't like it." (while laughing)
- Victoria (from my special ed class)

" I want your hair color!!! You've got guts girl! I would love to have hair that
color, but I don't have the nerve to do it."
- Mrs. Hervey (6th grade Literature teacher at
school)

" Miss Eunice has new hair."
- Erica Huff (special ed girl at church)

Most people have said they love it despite my students who don't like it because they are not use to it. They are so funny about it though. I heard the color red so many times from my students the first day I came in with it colored.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home