Life by Grace

JOIN ME IN MY JOURNEY PERMEATED BY THE GRACE OF GOD. "But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace toward me was not in vain. On the contrary, I worked harder than any of them, though it was not I, but the grace of God that is with me." I Corinthians 15:10

Monday, August 28, 2006

Friends in China


I was blessed to have Joy Joy as my roommate this summer in China. We got along so well. We would talk and share our hearts together till all hours of the night sometimes. We just had so much fun together. My team in Xide was the only group from Team China that had team members from each of the other 5 colleges with Team China. Joy is from Clearwater. Justin (the first guy in this picture) was also from Clearwater. Nic has lived in Chengdu for the last 4 years since his dad teaches at the university there. We all got along great and loved to hang out together.


My class was the level 2 beginner class. The difference between Beginnger 1 and Beginner 2 was that 1 pretty much knew no English. Level 2 knew the alphabet, numbers, days of the week, and how to say "Hi, teacher." My class had 38 students in it. They had so much energy and were great students to teach. This was a picture from the last day of class when we had Christmas. They are holding up sockings we made for them with construction paper. They loved it.


Here is a picture of me and half of the "Xide girls" on the Great Wall of China. (from left to right) Me, Amy, Adrianne, Sam, and Joy "little"

This is my "museum buddy" Dale. Joy, Dale, and I hung out at a museum in Beijing. All of us also hung out all night with a big group from Clearwater the night before we flew home. We were trying to stay awake so we would be tired to sleep on the plane. The flight home was good. It was about 12 hrs long and I slept for a few hours of the trip. When we flew into JFK in New York City, most of us missed our connecting flights because we were late leaving Beijing. Dale was kind enough to help me catch a taxi to LaGuardia Airport on the other side of NYC. I had to spend the night in the airport there and fly out the next morning. Stay tuned for more pics soon.

1 Comments:

  • At September 03, 2006 9:46 PM, Blogger jcwhite said…

    It been fun reading your posts and reliving the summer!! good times. We need to catch up..school is starting to get into swing and i will have more free time!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home