Life by Grace

JOIN ME IN MY JOURNEY PERMEATED BY THE GRACE OF GOD. "But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace toward me was not in vain. On the contrary, I worked harder than any of them, though it was not I, but the grace of God that is with me." I Corinthians 15:10

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Pictures from China


I finally am posting a few pictures from China. I know you have all been waiting eagerly to see some. I felt like I was dropped into a National Geographics magazine in the city that I taught in. These people had so much character in their faces and wrinkles.
I did get to see some old friends from last year. Here is Jodie, her boyfriend Tommy, Mikan and I the afternoon we went out for lunch together.
One weekend our team of 19 went up to a Yi village that has never had foreigners visit it before. The children were so scared to see us that they cried and ran to their mothers. They had never seen anyone but Chinese people before. This is most of the village all dressed out in their traditional Yi clothes.

And I was blessed to find that Starbucks had come to Chengdu. I was able to get some mugs from the Starbucks in Chengdu and one from Beijing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home