Life by Grace

JOIN ME IN MY JOURNEY PERMEATED BY THE GRACE OF GOD. "But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace toward me was not in vain. On the contrary, I worked harder than any of them, though it was not I, but the grace of God that is with me." I Corinthians 15:10

Friday, August 11, 2006

Finally home

Still no pictures up but I will put some up soon. I am finally sitting here at home dorking around on the internet with the high speed connection that my family got while I was gone. I safely arrived in the Charlotte airport last night at about 5:40pm. I had no idea how crazy yesterday was going to be for airlines until I got to the airport. I had heard from my dad and Jen's mom that something had happened in London and there was a big deal being made about it with fights all across America. It wasn't until I got to the check-in counter that they explained that they have the tightest security they have every had and this the biggest deal since 9/11, so I couldn't bring any liquids, lotions, gels, or anything of that sort in my carry-on. I couldn't think of anything I had in there, but I looked anyway. I had contact solution, toothpaste, NyQuil, liquid make-up, and lotion. My flight was delayed leaving Milwalkee, but I had a 3 hr layover in Atlanta anyway, so I didn't miss that flight out. We sat on the runway in Atlanta for about 45 minutes and were delayed a little getting into Charlotte, but other than that my day of flying went smooth. I was so thankful to finally be home and not wondering if I would have to sit in an airport overnight again. I had a great time hanging out with my family last night and sharing stories and pictures from the last month. All kinds of things have happened at home since I have been away, so I had to catch up on that too. My family said that many people have asked about me and many of you I look forward to seeing on Sunday. There are so many things that are so much more precious when you have been away and don't have the openness to be involved in things freely. I know that things will eventually become normal again like talking openly about certain topics or eating things you have missed. But I hope that the lessons I have learned will never leave me. I want those things that have impacted me in the last month to become part of who I am and see my thinking transformed through the Word and life experiences. It is so easy to forget. But there are things that the Spirit can make part of our lives in a way we never can. I must be willing to let Him do that work in me. So often, I get in the way of sanctification in my life. My selfishness and pride reigns so much more often then my dependence on Him. But He works inspite of me... and I don't deserve it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home