Life by Grace

JOIN ME IN MY JOURNEY PERMEATED BY THE GRACE OF GOD. "But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace toward me was not in vain. On the contrary, I worked harder than any of them, though it was not I, but the grace of God that is with me." I Corinthians 15:10

Monday, June 19, 2006

Father's Day

Yesterday for Father's Day, I joined Keturah and Skip at her parent's house for lunch. My Uncle Dan cooked the steak... and it was GOOD!

I'm sure this plate of food is making you hungry about now. Skip was making fun of me as I was taking pictures of the meal. I did it so that I can take pictures to China of what a typical meal in America is like and what the setting of the table is like. This meal was a great one to capture on film.






Here is the happy couple who will be Mr. and Mrs. Skip Lake this Saturday, June 24, 2006.
They love to have fun together. The more I watch them together the more I am excited about
what I see that Skip brings out in Keturah. He brings out the kid in here. She has always been the type to enjoy life but still has more of a serious and orderly side to her. One fun line that he always says is, "Everything's a race." They love to race to get to the car, get to his house when driving seperate vehicles, and anything else that comes along in life. He makes her laugh. Even though I don't know him personally very well, all that I know about him I like.

Planning for the wedding is coming along well. We packed and moved some of her things into his house today. Tomorrow, we are working on putting together centerpieces for the reception. Sometimes she does get overwhelmed, but I just keep reminding her that it will all get done. We balance each other out well, too. She keeps things in order, and I help her not to stress her out too much with details and all there is left. We make a good team. 4 days left.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home