Life by Grace

JOIN ME IN MY JOURNEY PERMEATED BY THE GRACE OF GOD. "But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace toward me was not in vain. On the contrary, I worked harder than any of them, though it was not I, but the grace of God that is with me." I Corinthians 15:10

Friday, May 05, 2006

My Chinese class from last summer

This is me and my English class in China last summer. When everyone was there, there were 31 students total. It was great to get to know them better as we did activities together after school.
Alisha (on the left) was from our group from Northland. She was an assistant for two of us teacher's from Northland. She would switch off between our two classes and team teach with us. Kay (on the right) was our Chinese teacher's assistant. Alisha and I both were able to get to know her outside of the classroom and talk together.
Leo was one of the best students in my class. He knew English especially well because he is friends with an American who lives in China. Nick is his American friend, and Nick's father teaches law at Sichuan University, where we taught English. Leo was such a joy to have in class because he loved to hang out with us after school, and he was very involved in class by asking questions and joining in discussions.This is a group of students from my class, and Hitty had a birthday party while we were there. Alisha and I went with some of our friends from Northland to her party. We found out an interested Chinese tradition that some people have at birthday parties. We had an icing fight with the icing from the birthday cake. I loved hanging out with this group of girls. We went out to eat, went shopping, and just hung out in either one of our rooms sometimes.
Anita was another great student. Alisha and I treated her to Haagen Dazs one day after school. The restaurant was so fancy for an ice parlor, and the deserts were so incredible.

1 Comments:

  • At May 08, 2006 10:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Unie,
    happy birthday! have a great day. Missing you!
    IN Him,
    Naomi

     

Post a Comment

<< Home