Life by Grace

JOIN ME IN MY JOURNEY PERMEATED BY THE GRACE OF GOD. "But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace toward me was not in vain. On the contrary, I worked harder than any of them, though it was not I, but the grace of God that is with me." I Corinthians 15:10

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Mid-Winter Special Olympic Games

The last weekend in February most of our two special education classes at Mauldin Middle went to Charleston for the Mid-Winter Special Olympics. The events took place at the Citadel. This is the picture of our athletes. If you will notice, I am the only coach in the picture. I say this is all the athletes because I noticed on the pamphlet they passed out with all the athletes and coaches names on it that I was in the list of athletes instead of coaches. Everyone played that up all weekend. The parents and other teacher's from our school would tell me, "Go for the gold, Eunice!" Of course, I kept the hand out as a special memory as well as to prove I was on the athetes list.

Our area of competition was in basketball skills. Here is our whole group waiting for the "athletes" to be called for their event. We knew we would all crack up if I really was called for an event. As far as I know, I wasn't.











Just after we got there on Friday night, we watched the March of the Cadets at the Citadel and then went downtown on a carriage ride.

After we were all done with our competitions on Saturday, we went to the new South Carolina Aquarium and then ate at Bubba Gumps (it is the official Forest Gump restaurant.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home