Life by Grace

JOIN ME IN MY JOURNEY PERMEATED BY THE GRACE OF GOD. "But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace toward me was not in vain. On the contrary, I worked harder than any of them, though it was not I, but the grace of God that is with me." I Corinthians 15:10

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Mikan - The Cyclist

This is my friend Mikan that I met in China last summer. He was a Chinese teacher's assistant for one of the summer English classes. My roommate, Emily, and I made friends with Mikan and his friend Cerix. A big group of us went over to Mikan's house one night for "home hotpot." We also went to the Chengdu Zoo. The day before we left I went biking with Mikan. It was so much fun out on the open road on a perfect summer evening. We are hoping to go biking again this summer. I am looking forward to that. I need to start biking now so that I am more in shape to bike than I was last summer. Mikan goes to college at Sichuan University and is majoring in Chinese. One more thing I am looking forward to this summer is to learn some Chinese. Mikan kept bugging me about learning Chinese. He didn't start mentioning it until just before I left the country and it seemed pointless to learn Chinese for 3 days in China. He wants to learn better English, so we are going to get together and help each other with our foreign languages. I am hoping this will be a great opportunity to reach out to one of the friends I made last summer.
We had some great talks about life in each of our countries as well as what we believe about many things. This is one of the many friendships that I made last summer that I am hoping to futher cultivate this coming summer. I will write more about some of those other friend soon.
Mikan is a cyclist and is constantly biking for fun and in competitions. He recently was in a Triathalon with this group of friends. They won first place. Last summer, just after I left China, he biked with a group of 8 guys to Tibet during the 25 days before college started. Then they took the train back home. Hopefully this will give you just a glimpse into my trips to China, as well as, a face to remember.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home