Life by Grace

JOIN ME IN MY JOURNEY PERMEATED BY THE GRACE OF GOD. "But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace toward me was not in vain. On the contrary, I worked harder than any of them, though it was not I, but the grace of God that is with me." I Corinthians 15:10

Monday, June 19, 2006

5 days left


Good Morning!!! It is a gorgeous morning here in MI. I arrived here Friday and it has been great fun. My friend, Aimee, and I left for the glorious Midwest on Thursday following my eye exam for contacts. By around 10:30am, we were off like a herd of turtles. If you didn't know already, I LOVE ROAD TRIPS ! There is so much adventure to be had by all involved....and we had our fun. We talked a lot (I know you are surpised that I would do that) and we listened to two sermons by John Piper that provided an abundant amount of food for thought and discussion. We ended up extending our trip into an overnight stay in a hotel because we stopped at an awesome outlet store in Ohio. Friday night we finally met up with my cousin, Keturah (the bride...in the red in the picture above), and finally arrived at Aunt Karla's Hotel. I say that because "Nurse Karla" spends her summers as one of the camp nurses at Camp Beechpoint here in town. On the weekends, she has counselors over to her house to stay the weekend and hang out. They all showed up a little while after I had arrived. Well....back to my ultimate reason for being up here now....the wedding.

We had our bachelorette party last night....and it was fun (sorry for my weakness in spelling). The bridal party consists of Keturah's sisters (my cousins), Hannah (in the blue above) and Naomi (in the green), her sister-in-law, Melinda, and I. Melinda and Caleb (Keturah's brother) live on the other side of the state in Detroit, so she wasn't able to make it. Our night of fun started off at "The Shiver Shack" for ice cream (see picture above). From there we went down on the boardwalk by the river in Allegan and had our photo shoot of us goofing off (see picture to the left). After our photo shoot, we went back to the house where Keturah is staying (until next Saturday) and watched a chick flick. Since we started out so late for our party,we didn't get to go to the lake and watch the sunset. Instead, we decided to star gaze. After much discussion on where we could look at the stars without the police kicking us out of our star gazing location, we finally ended up in the back of their church parking lot on a blanket having girl time. It was a fantastic time that we will cherish and remember always. Now starts the mad rush till the wedding on Saturday. But we are anxious and ready to charge ahead with excitement and great anticipation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home