Life by Grace

JOIN ME IN MY JOURNEY PERMEATED BY THE GRACE OF GOD. "But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace toward me was not in vain. On the contrary, I worked harder than any of them, though it was not I, but the grace of God that is with me." I Corinthians 15:10

Thursday, September 21, 2006

My 1st Ambulance Ride

Don't get too freaked out. It happened a week ago today. I haven't been able to post pictures until today though. Last Thursday at about 2:30pm, I had just come back from the nurse's station with one of my students, and I got this horrible pain in my lower abdomen area. It happened within minutes, and I was doubled over and couldn't walk without help. The teacher in my classroom helped me up to the nurses station where they had me lay down on a bed. I didn't know how big a deal it was. They were thinking it could be the appendix or kidney stones because of the location of the pain. Finally, I agreed to have them call an ambulance. I felt bad calling an ambulance if it really wasn't a big deal. The parametics also were concerned about what could be causing such a horrible pain. The result ended up being a urinary track infection. I have been told by different people that UTIs are very painful. Other friends have also been telling me that I need to get some further test done because of some other results from the tests at the ER. I am doing fine now and am back to work as usual. It was quit an experience. I have been drinking water and cranberry juice regularly (as shown in the picture). That picture was taken when I was relaxing on the couch just after I returned from the hospital. I have my name band from the hospital on and my cranberry juice in hand.

1 Comments:

  • At September 29, 2006 3:01 PM, Blogger Bobby Wales said…

    Eunice,
    I don't know if you remember or not. I was only at Northland for 3 semesters. I have enjoyed reading parts of your blog, especially this post as I am a paramedic. You may want to think about removing or editing the picture of your bracelet since it has your SS# on it. Take care and God bless.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home