Life by Grace

JOIN ME IN MY JOURNEY PERMEATED BY THE GRACE OF GOD. "But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace toward me was not in vain. On the contrary, I worked harder than any of them, though it was not I, but the grace of God that is with me." I Corinthians 15:10

Monday, September 25, 2006

a song for the day

Sovereign Grace Ministries just put out a new music CD. It is called "Valley of Vision: Songs for worship inspired by the classic book of Puritan prayers." (You can check out their site from the link on the right side of my blog.) I was listening to it on the way to school this morning. I repeated this song at least once just to really meditate on the words. Here are the lyrics. I know I needed to think on these truths. You may need it too.

In the Valley
Based on The Valley of Vision prayer “The Valley of Vision”

Words and Music by
Bob Kauflin


Verse 1
When You lead me to the valley of vision
I can see You in the heights
And though my humbling wouldn’t be my decision
It’s here Your glory shines so bright
So let me learn that the cross precedes the crown
To be low is to be high
That the valley’s where You make me more like Christ

Chorus
Let me find Your grace in the valley
Let me find Your life in my death
Let me find Your joy in my sorrow
Your wealth in my need
That You’re near with every breath
In the valley

Verse 2
In the daytime there are stars in the heavens
But they only shine at night
And the deeper that I go into darkness
The more I see their radiant light
So let me learn that my losses are my gain
To be broken is to heal
That the valley’s where Your power is revealed

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home