Life by Grace

JOIN ME IN MY JOURNEY PERMEATED BY THE GRACE OF GOD. "But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace toward me was not in vain. On the contrary, I worked harder than any of them, though it was not I, but the grace of God that is with me." I Corinthians 15:10

Thursday, November 09, 2006

After Lindsey's Visitation

First, I want to start of by telling Christine Hayes that I shared with Laura and Susan that you commented on my post. They had read the post themselves. Laura said that when things slow down then she will really try to get back to you. She said thank you so much. I also ran upon the Boehm's blog that have some recent pictures of the girls. http://boehmgirls.blogspot.com/

There were so many things going through my head as I went into the viewing for Lindsey tonight. The friend I went with said that it was so strange seeing grandparents at their granddaughter's casket. It is usually the other way around. She seemed so misplaced just lying there. She should be up and playing like all 5 year olds do. Talking to Laura and Jason, it was so encouraging. I walked up to them not knowing what to say. But they wanted to thank me so much for my blog post in memory of her. They shared how much she and her sister loved me. Laura shared how recently she had said she wanted to be a teacher like her kindergarten teacher. Then later she said she wanted to teach the Bible. I was one of her teachers at church at different times, and they wanted to thank me for loving their girls, being an example for them, and teaching them truth. God has given them so much grace. It is just overwhelming. They were so at peace that this is perfectly what God has for them. I talked with Laura's sister, Susan, for a while afterwards and she was telling of all the things that God very obviously had His hand in in orchestrating so many details for everything. I went away know that this is without a doubt "a God thing." God in His goodness has allowed them to see more of Himself through this. He wants to use this in their lives and every life that is touches to point them to His glory and grace.

When I first posted about Lindsey, I ended with a song but didn't include the second verse. I was listening to that song...and hitting repeat again and again on my way home tonight. As I sang the second verse, I knew I had to add it in. I would encourage you to go back and read the original post. God's ultimate demonstration of His mercy was shown through the cross. "You sought me in love and my heart you pursued. In the face of my sin, Lord, You never withdrew." The gospel is where we find that hope and peace. It starts there. We were blind before salvation, and now we can see. In a previous entry, I posted the words to the song "In the Valley" under the post "a song of the day." I was singing that song throughout the day today and meditating on these words: "And though my humbling wouldn't be my decision/ It's here Your glory shines so bright/ So let me learn that the cross precedes the crown/ To be low is to be high/ That the valley's where You make me more like Christ...So let me learn that my losses are my gain/ To be broken is to heal/ That the valley's where Your power is revealed." I rejoice that God has gifted so many people to be able to take God's truth and arrange it so eloquently that it points me to God. Hearing and singing these songs I want to praise and worship Him with all of my soul. I hope that no one reading this entry misses that this and all of life is about God. It isn't about us and our loss or pain. It is about His glory and grace. I want to leave you with one more song to meditate on. The second verse especially makes me cry while longing to be with my precious Savior more and more. Meditate on the cross " 'cause without it I'm lost."

King of Glory
Josh Bates

Verse 1
I stare at the cross 'cause without it I'm
lost and I believe/ I'm healed by Your
blood, saved by Your love and You
shelter me / It's amazing the power You
hold / I give you my heart and my soul

Chorus
King of glory / You are holy / Take my
hands, take my feet / Take my voice as I
sing / Lord of Heaven / Hallelujah /
Precious Jesus / Hallelujah

Verse 2
Imagine the day when our faith is replaced
with a glorious sight / Of angels in chorus
as You stand before us in perfect light/
We will join in the anthem of praise/
With every breath we will say

King of glory / You are holy / Take my
hands, take my feet / Take my voice as I
sing / Lord of Heaven / Hallelujah /
Precious Jesus / Hallelujah

You lived and You died to bring us new life/
Sweet salvation/ Clothed in majesty,
God of everything


2 Comments:

  • At November 15, 2006 5:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Eunice,

    What a touching update. Your dad gave me your blogsite, and I enjoyed hearing your heart through your stories. Thank you for your continued desire for Christ.

    Bobbie

     
  • At November 16, 2006 10:29 AM, Blogger Katie Barker said…

    Eunice,
    thanks, you have given me a glimpse of God's grace and glory this morning. The words "Imagine the day when our faith is replaced with a glorious sight" is awesome. Thanks for being so God focused!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home