Life by Grace

JOIN ME IN MY JOURNEY PERMEATED BY THE GRACE OF GOD. "But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace toward me was not in vain. On the contrary, I worked harder than any of them, though it was not I, but the grace of God that is with me." I Corinthians 15:10

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

In loving memory of Lindsey Boehm

Caroline, Lindsey, and Cadince at Grace's Fall Picnic
(more pictures from the Fall picnic are in a folder on my web album at
http://www.picasaweb.google.com/blahababe1)

Not long after I started attending Grace Bible Church about a year and a half ago, Jason and Laura Boehm started attending Grace with their beautiful daughters Lindsey and Cadence. They are one of the families like my brothers and I who live about 30 mintues away from church on the other side of Greenville in Simpsonville. Especially in the last few weeks, I have done quite a few things in groups with Laura and Jason. Laura and I love chatting and catching up on what is going on in each other's life.

Lindsey, their oldest daughter who has just started Kindergarten, was born with a hole in one of the valves in her heart. They didn't think it would be a problem until later in life. Lindsey was at a birthday party yesterday afternoon and collapsed and went into seizure. Her heart stopped and they were not able to revive her. This is a hard time with for her family, but as one of the elders in our church told my brother Ricky, "They are sorrowing but not as one that has no hope." God's grace is sufficient. We can rest in the fact that we have Jesus interceding before God's throne with the groanings of our hearts that we can't put into words.

Before the throne of God above,
I have a strong and perfect plea.
A great High Priest whose name is "Love,"
Who ever lives and pleads for me.
My name is graven on His hands.
My name is written on His heart.
I know that while in heav'n He stands
No tongue can bid me thence depart.

We can rest in the fact that God is good, and He does all for our good. Please keep the Boehms and their family in your prayers. I can't imagine what they are going through. But Lindsey lived a full and wonderful life. She was the type of girl who may have been in kindergarten, but she talked like a mature young adult. She was just a joy to be around. This is the first morning that they have woken up and not had Lindsey. But God's mercies are new every morning. Great is His faithfulness. The Lord gives and takes away, blessed be the name of the Lord.

Mercies Anew
by Mark Altrogge and Bob Kauflin

Verse 1
Every morning that breaks
There are mercies anew
Every breath that I take
Is your faithfulness proved
And at the end of each day
When my labors are through
I will sing of your mercies anew

Verse 2
When I've fallen and strayed
There are mercies anew
For you sought me in love
And my heart you pursued
In the face of my sin
Lord, You never withdrew
So I sing of your mercies anew
And Your mercies they will never end
For ten thousands years they remain
And when this world's beauty has passed way
Your mercies will be unchanged

Verse 3
When the storms swirl and rage
There are mercies anew
In affliction and pain
You will carry me through
And at the end of my days
When your throne fills my view
I will sing of your mercies anew
I will sing of your mercies anew

2 Comments:

  • At November 09, 2006 12:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Eunice, Thank you for writing about Lindsey and her family. I am halfway around the world in Russia desperately trying to get information on how my cousin, Laura, is handling this and I am grateful that she has friends like you praying for her. Tell her I love her and pray for all of them all day long. Our only hope is in our faithful Savior - Christine Hayes (Laura Greene Boehm's cousin)

     
  • At November 10, 2006 8:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank you for your post on Lindsey. I saw her obituary in the paper yesterday and her family were left etched on my heart and mind all day. Wondering about the human "why" of her passing, I was directed to your blog. I was so thankful to learn that they know the Lord and are experiencing His comfort. The days ahead will be sad and challenging as they adjust, but our Father will always be there to comfort and guide. Please be assured of my prayers for all of you. Your sister in Christ, Carol

     

Post a Comment

<< Home