Life by Grace

JOIN ME IN MY JOURNEY PERMEATED BY THE GRACE OF GOD. "But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace toward me was not in vain. On the contrary, I worked harder than any of them, though it was not I, but the grace of God that is with me." I Corinthians 15:10

Monday, January 08, 2007

what's new

I know it has been a while since I really wrote an entry to fill you all in on how I am doing. As always, I am keeping busy. School started back last Wednesday. I had a wonderful 2 week break with my family. We four older kids drove down to GA to see my uncle's families the Thur-Sat before Christmas. We were back at home Saturday since we wanted to all be together for Christmas day. It has probably been about 10 years since it was just our family together on Christmas morning. We have either not all been home, been at my uncle's house or them at ours or something. Christmas morning we all slept in late since we stayed up late the night before watching a movie. Some of us still had to finish wrapping presents. We had our time of focusing on Jesus' birth and opening presents just before noon. After that we had our big meal. Then we hung around the house and enjoyed new presents before we went over to Josh's girlfriend, Hannah's family's house for dessert. We had a great time over there. We did the same thing on Thanksgiving night too. But at Thanksgiving we ended up playing a bunch of games all night. We always have fun when we get together. For the rest of break, we just hung around the house and I caught some after Christmas sales. New Year's Day the whole family was able to go up to Chimney Rock Village in NC for our annual tradition and shop around in all the little shops. My family loves doing stuff like that.

Tonight I start my first counseling class in a two year program. It is every Monday nights from 6:30-9:30. The class is with Redeemer Biblical Counseling Training Center at Redeemer Presbyterian Church across the street from my church. I am so excited about it. I left Northland half-way through my the grad program in getting my Master's degree in Biblical Counseling. Since then I have still wanted to get more training to be better competent to counsel. Ricky had told me there was a counseling program at Redeemer and then I happen to come across their website on the internet one day. I contacted them and they were able to get me started right away here in January. I have needed something to get me excited about studying the Word and thinking biblically. My mind has been lazy lately and my time with God has been neglected. I haven't been able to be part of a Bible study or anything. This will be awesome to get me learning and growing again. Please pray for me as I start up these classes.

I am still tutoring after school on Tuesdays and Thursdays for 2 hrs each day...when the students show up. Not much other new news. Soon I hope to post some things that God has been teaching me lately. Stay posted. I did want to add that I put a link to the Boehm's blog on the right side of my blog. Check it out and keep them in your prayers. They would love it if you dropped them a comment of encouragement too. They need all the prayers and love we can give them. May His grace flow through us to them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home