Life by Grace

JOIN ME IN MY JOURNEY PERMEATED BY THE GRACE OF GOD. "But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace toward me was not in vain. On the contrary, I worked harder than any of them, though it was not I, but the grace of God that is with me." I Corinthians 15:10

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Charleston Special Olympics 07, Part 2

The Citadel hosts the Mid-Winter Special Olympics State Games each March.













The kids did great in their basketball skill competitions. I think it's neat how they have a platform set up for the presentation of the medals for the athletes.






Amy and I had a great time playing up the "single girl" response to all the "men in uniform." Miss Perry, the LD special education teacher, asked these cadets to the left if they would take a picture with Amy. I jumped in and said, "Amy, you know I have to be in this picture."



Immediately following our basketball competitions, we headed over to North Charleston to watch the Southern Conference Women's Basketball Championship game. Tennessee (UTC) beat Western Carolina.

We try to do as many Charlestonian activities as we can while we're down there. Last year we went to Bubba Gumps. This year we tried out Hyman's Seafood Restaurant on Meeting Street. We met the owner and his son. They treated us so well and the food was amazing. We were all so stuffed when we left.


I think the highlight of my weekend was our spontanious adventure on Saturday night. The SO has closing events at the Citadel at about 7pm on Saturday. We stayed later at Hyman's and we were going to try to head down the the beach to watch some kind of eclipse that took place at about 7:30. We missed that. As we were heading down to the Citadel, we decided to go to Folly Beach instead.










It was so windy and chilly, but it was so much fun. I loved it. Nicholas and I, as well as, Amy and I had a great time taking pics of ourselves out there.

After hitting a public access beach, we decided to drive down about a mile to the pier. We took a bunch more fun pictures there.











The coaches had as much fun if not more fun than the students at the beach.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home