Life by Grace

JOIN ME IN MY JOURNEY PERMEATED BY THE GRACE OF GOD. "But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace toward me was not in vain. On the contrary, I worked harder than any of them, though it was not I, but the grace of God that is with me." I Corinthians 15:10

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Spring Break 07, Part 2


I feel like I left some things out of my first post, so I decided to cover them on a second post. First off, I wanted to mention that I was able to spend a good deal of time with my amazing sister, Andrea. It was so neat to be able to be a part of her ministry in Plainfield and at Northland. We had just all kinds of fun together.

Here are some fun pictures from the weekend in Plainfield. I had such a great time there. Above, Cameron and Timmy are posing after tilling up a neighbor ladies yard where she is going to plant a garden this spring (whenever spring arrives up there).

Saturday night we did some domestic and old-fashioned stuff. It was just too fun. Above is the flour that Andrea grounded in the kitchen mill at the pastor's house (the Gaudets). This flour was ground from whole grains of wheat. By the way, I had heard so many great things about the Gaudets. I am please to report that it's all true. God truly has blessed them, and they were a great blessing to me.


Timmy is demonstrating how we were able to make butter by shaking cold cream that they had taken off of the fresh cows milk they get for free.

I was so elated when I looked down after about 10 to 15 minutes of shaking this cream and saw a huge chunk of butter. IT WAS SO COOL!!

Then they had to seperate the buttermilk from the butter. I learned all kinds of new stuff that weekend. One things was that buttermilk is the milk that is left over from making butter from the cream. They salted the butter before putting it back in the refrigerator. We used it the next morning for breakfast.

Monday night, at Nland, I was able to see most of the dress rehearsal for "Charley's Aunt" which is being performed at Nland this week. Sarah (Cunningham) Cushman is the director. She is also is one of my good friends from my time at Nland. We were roommates our Sophomore year and in Grad school. The fun things is that Sarah was in "Charley's Aunt" in college and now she gets to direct it.

Sarah's husband, Ryan, is "Charley's Aunt" in the play. He is the one in Peter's arms. The casting was very well done. They sure must have a lot of fun.

Ellen and I posed for a remake of a picture she has on her apartment door of us doing the same thing back in 1998.

Cheese and I had to do a crazy picture since we are so crazy together.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home